Row 30

The other day Neuro sent me a picture of her Dunella lace progress thus far, and it is looking really amazing!  When she informed me that she was at Row 30 of the second pattern repeat, I just had to catch up:


OK, so I'm at Row 30 of the first pattern repeat.  BUT - the last many rows have gone very well.  No disasters, no tinking back, not even a forgotten YO or a misplaced SSK.  (Of course I've got a whole process now - work at the kitchen table, no distractions, and mark both latitude and longitude on the pattern chart, moving the marker to each motif as I move down the row).  It's time for a new lifeline, and then I'll continue on my merry way.  This is definitely a long-term commitment!

Close to You is now on the blocking mats:


Additional knitting progress:  MONKEYSOCK #1 is drying on the sock blocker (and looks awesome!!!), and #2 is awaiting a toe graft; I have enough Hocus Pocus yarn left over for something more than baby mitts so I'll need to think about that a bit; I cast on for Bamboo Sock #2 this morning and wove in all the millions of ends in Sock #1 due to all of the knots; I wound the O is for Oogy #2 yarn into balls and have a pattern to try out (I'll share it with you as soon as I know the yarn hasn't rejected it!); I have spun all but one small section of the first of four bobbins for the remaining Only One roving and am looking forward to a couple more palate cleansers before starting the second bobbin.

I also dug out a project from the "to-be-finished" bin - it's more of an unfinished project than something needing a few last touches:


The pattern is Spectra.  I'd fallen in love with the colored yarn - allegedly a sock yarn - likely due to those lovely bright colors.  But the yarn is single ply!!!  Socks would absolutely fall apart in a second.  So I paired it with a silk blend of some kind (of course I didn't keep the ball band!) and found this super cool pattern.  All I can tell you is that I've brought this project to Cape Cod twice already, so I've been working on it off and on for more than two years.  It's a lovely pattern - the colors are both carried along, so there are no ends.  I don't know why I keep putting it down, but it deserves to be finished.

I don't have a lot of new wildlife adventures to report.  One to three deer appear regularly in the fields in the mornings and late afternoons, and a hawk flew by me the other day as I was driving down the driveway.  The farmer appeared the other night and looked to be spraying fertilizer on the fields; if I hadn't happened to look out the window and see him there, I might not have known he had been there at all, with the exception of a few new tractor tire marks in the hayfield.  Never a dull moment!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Everything looks so amazing! I agree, Spectra deserves to be finished.
We have a similar strategy for the lace project. I put on my reading glasses, so if I look up everything is blurry, and noise-cancelling headphones to block out the cat, neurohubby, etc.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons