Wee Noddy

I thought it might be fun to provide you with a niddy noddy comparison, using the standard sized noddy and the wee one I mentioned the other day:


The empty noddy makes the regular-sized skeins that we're all used to, whereas the little one is perfect for smaller amounts of yarn.  It's made by Ashford, but I'm not sure if they make them anymore - Ashford has a wee one, but it's much different.  Mine comes apart, so it can be stored flat.

I'm still contemplating the population of potentially intended recipients for July Hat.  It doesn't scream BOY or GIRL at me, so perhaps that's a sign in itself.  Here's a pic, what do you think?


I haven't mentioned the KAL shawl I've been working on in some time, but my latest thought project has been just how should I go about securing and weaving in the 8 million yarn ends that are involved when changing colors once every inch or so.  I think I'm going to go with 1/2 surgical knot, followed by weaving in the ends on the wrong side.  A lot of others are doing a Russian Join, but I just don't see that happening with this yarn and all these colors.  Now what I need to do is start to work in these ends, because there are more and more new ones added each week!

I don't have a lot of wildlife adventures to report these days - mostly, it's been the same characters doing the same things.  The red-winged blackbirds have been replaced by crows, it seems.  I thought there would be a lot more activity out in the fields after all the haying!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons