How Did I Not Think Of This Sooner???

TGIF!!!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

It's another crazy warm day right before some weekend snow (hopefully flurries more than snow, but you never know around here!).  The sunshine has been very cheerful!

During my conversation with the Oogyparents last night, it became apparent, after some questioning on my part, that the following had happened:

- The slippers I made for my dad for his b-day were too big (this I knew).  I'd taught my mom how to make them smaller.

- She made them too small.  My dad thinks it's because she wanted them for herself, LOL.

- Now my mom has at least three functional pairs of these slippers, and my dad has none.

- The needle felting we did on the hole at the bottom of one of the slippers during their visit earlier this year did not hold.

-  My mom made some cardboard inserts, and my dad put in a real insert, but evidently these slide around all over the place.

I thought of the following solution last evening:

That's right - I can use parts of the long-planned-but-still-not-yet-executed felted sweater blanket to make foot-shaped felted inserts!!!

How did I not think of this when there were here???

Anyway - I'm sending these to my mom, and she'll cut them into the right shape and size.  She's a terrific seamstress, so she'll do a great job (unlike the shrinking, LOL, although it may have been right where she wanted it!).

I've finished the knitting on the (turns out they're a replacement pair) slippers for my dad, but they'll still need to be felted and then dry before I can send them along - probably another week.  

Now I'm wishing I hadn't thrown out my own slippers with holes on the bottom - I could have tried this solution out myself!  Oh well, live and learn :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons