Yarn Ahoy!!

So Happy It's Thursday!  I hope you're safe and well; we're good here.

The Next Nephew Wedding Afghan (NNWA) yarn posed for their portrait this morning:

 

Well, this is more like the Electoral College of yarns; each color sent a representative skein for the photo.  There is a bag full of the rest of them!

I don't often run out and purchase the yarn the pattern designer uses in the pattern - since I usually have something on hand I can use - but I'm so glad I did in this case.  First of all, the pattern calls for a bulky yarn, which I hardly ever use.  I could double up on thinner yarns, sure, and gauge isn't that important for a blanket.  But this yarn - Berocco Vintage Chunky - is really terrific.  It's nearly 50/50 wool/acrylic (with a bit of nylon in there), so it's washable, yet it doesn't feel squeaky.  The yarn is smooth, soft, and lofty.  The one ball I've wound so far had no knots.  This is always a bonus!

So I've cast on for the NNWA, and am working on the first section.  I'm ignoring the KAL - I have nearly a year to complete this, although it would be nice to work on it mostly in the cold weather - but I like having these smaller sections broken out so I can pretend that the pattern is revealing itself only a bit at a time!

I've also cast on for my dad's Xmas slippers - this time I'm using Cascade 220, a good stand-by (and, ironically, the yarn used in the pattern!!).  This yarn is also really great for felting.

I'm also in the home stretch of the last yoga sock - just a few rows to go on the toe ribbing.

There isn't a lot of other news to report, so I'll see if I can find something fun to tell you about next time!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Those are great colors!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons