No Flares

TGIF!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

I actually can't believe it's Friday already - this week went by really quickly for some reason!  I've picked up a third gig and now I am getting into some serious juggling, LOL.  It's all good, actually.

I also wanted to show you the beginnings of the NNWA:


 I continue to love working with this yarn!

A couple more observations:

Casapinka begins a lot of her patterns with ribbing.  At first I thought, what, ribbing on an afghan?  But she had made a comment somewhere that makes so much sense - often times the ends of a knitted thing flare out.  The ribbing is a natural solution to this issue.  

Now, ribbing in the middle of a flat item like a shawl or an afghan - nope, not for me.

I don't know if you can see them really well in this pic, but the needles I found for this project are part of what came to me from my grandmother.  They're all one piece, and some kind of semi-hard plastic.  I have a whole bunch of them, in all sizes and lengths, and I really like working with them as well - mostly because their tips will never secretly unscrew and drop a whole bunch of lace or something equally traumatic.  They also taper nicely between the cord and the needle so there's no roadblock to overcome there.

I finished knitting on the yoga socks last evening, so you'll be seeing those here soon!

I got a couple of really great ideas for holiday gifts yesterday, so I'll be pondering those as I make my way through the next pair of slippers for my dad.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons