Oorkinator

TGIF!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

 I've said I'm not about showing pictures of food here, but Oogyhubby created this yesterday and I just wanted to show it off:

It's his take on a sandwich called The Porkinator made by a restaurant on Cape Cod.  He spent the day (and actually day before as well) preparing the rubs and the washes and the glazes and all that, as well as cleaning the grill and smokers.  (We used to have two smokers, but one evidently had a (thankfully it wasn't as dramatic as it could have been) gas leak and has been retired.)

So, on a ciabatta roll (the sturdiest one we could find) there is smoked honey ham, smoked pork shoulder, applewood smoked bacon, breakfast sausage, cole slaw, chedder cheese, and an onion ring.  With a few fries on the side.  And a ton of leftovers.

The pie I made turned out great - but so much work!!  I found myself becoming emotionally invested in its successful outcome as well.  But it did stretch my baking skills - I actually had to fold shit in!  Good thing my mom taught me the basics!

And of course there was knitting.  And some crocheting too!

In wildlife news - it was very warm yesterday, which seemed to make a lot of birds very happy, they were everywhere!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
It's probably good that there wasn't also a picture of the pie or I would have short circuited my keyboard. The Oorkinator looks absolutely delicious!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons