Slipper Proof

TGIF!!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

I continue to be amazed at how quickly each week flies by.  While I realize that it's directly related to how much work I currently have - which is awesome - it's still a bit disorienting to find us here on Friday already and wondering just where the rest of the week went, LOL.

Well, at least some of the time has indeed been spent on the first of my dad's Xmas slippers:


I've since finished the cuff and started on the second bottom.  Yes, even though these things are double-stranded, double-layered on the bottom, and felted, they do still wear out.  I haven't yet figured out a decent repair process that doesn't take as much time as knitting a whole new one - the tops don't wear out, obviously, but the same thing that makes this pattern ingenious also makes it difficult to repair in modules.

I continue to work on the NNWA, although I'm still in the midst of the red section you saw the other day. And I continue to enjoy it immensely!

I've also since drank the Manhattan you see in the background.  I tried something new - small bottles of flavored whiskey instead of adding cherries.  I used blackberry whiskey for this one,  and it was pretty good.  Just a splash of vermouth and off you go!

Casapinka is gearing up for her shawl KAL on December 1, and I'll be working on that project eventually as well.  I've got about 20,000 miles of laceweight to wind into balls first, so again there will be a few different phases.

The wildlife here have been lying low lately, except this morning there was a flock of about five geese flying around making so much noise it sounded like a flock of 50!  

Comments

neuroknitter said…

A Yeti sock!
I share your gratitude about being busy, but I'm not sure for how much longer I'll be able to keep up this pace. The weekend is welcome!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons