Errata

Hello on this spicy pork noodle bowl Sunday!

I thought I'd take a short break from the slides today to issue errata.

Specifically - what Neuro rightly pointed out in her comment on my last post - the link to The Naked Sheep store I posted is indeed to a place on Staten Island!  Which is alive and open these days.  So if you're in that neighborhood, you have at least one place to visit where you can get some yarn stuff!

It looks like the store that used to be in Bennington, VT closed in 2009 or so - some time ago!  

Neither I nor Neuro can remember visiting there, so it's likely we bailed on that and decided to spend that whole day knitting in Lenox instead!

It's kind of like when had been planning (if you can call anything we did then planning) to visit Great Sand Dunes National Park on our way back to Boulder from Phoenix.  At some point we decided we'd had enough of the American Southwest, and just wanted a hot shower (not coin-operated), a flush toilet, and something other than spaghetti for dinner.  (It would have kinda been on the way, but we were pretty road-weary by then.)

I also recall that we may have attempted to get to Bennington and took a wrong turn somewhere.  Again, this was before smartphones and GPS, so we had little choice but to try to retrace our steps.  Maybe it was then we opted for the known knowns of knitting.

Great news!  Casapinka's new MKAL, Sharon Air, is starting on August 12!!  I hadn't checked to see if she'd released the pattern/subscription until Neuro reminded me yesterday during a Zoom coffee!  I shared my screen and we signed me up together!  She'll be doing the same for herself, and she's dyed up some super special yarn just for the occasion!  This will be a lot of fun!!

In the meantime, I completed the brioche section of Shawlography and have started the next section, which involved large crossed stitches.  Fortunately I've had some experience with this stitch pattern, and am familiar with some of its challenges (keeping all the loops in order, mostly).  

Stay safe and well - and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Comments

neuroknitter said…
It's so much fun to think back to these trips! I'm starting to think that we should plan another...

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons