The Ruana

Hello on this chicken fettuccini Saturday!

The next slide in our deck takes us just over the border to a yarn store in VT:


 Although I have absolutely no memory of being there, I'm somewhat relieved to see that The Naked Sheep is still open :)

This might be a good time to begin the story of The Ruana.  I'd become obsessed with making this pattern from a new (at the time) book by Sally Melville, The Knit Stitch.  I thought our trip to several yarn stores was the perfect opportunity to find the perfect yarn for this pattern.  So, even though I did purchase some of the elusively lovely yet hateful to work with tinsel yarn, I was probably fairly focused on my search for Ruana Yarn.  So far, no major contenders.  

What's interesting is that I can think of several possibilities right off the top of my head; this list includes what I eventually chose (more on that later), Brooklyn Tweed's Shelter, Fleece and Harmony's Selkirk Worsted, and perhaps even an ambitious handspun project!

Not much new knitting progress to report, but I hope to change that a little this weekend.  Inbetween some house projects and a bit of work-work.  Altogether a fairly normal weekend around here - which is perfectly fine by me!

Stay well and safe!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I remember the ruana, but not the Naked Sheep. We must have decided to skip it! Also, I believe the store you found is in Staten Island and we definitely didn't go there.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows