The Staying Power of Curmudgeons

Hello on this chicken pesto pizza Monday!  We had some big rains last night and finally are experiencing some enjoyable summer weather - at least for today!

The next page of our GNEYA has us headed northward, still Day One.  As I recall, this was a lovely and quiet drive.

I have absolutely no recollection of this particular yarn store - but evidently it's still there!!! 

I was speeding ahead on Shawlography when - eeek, a dropped stitch!!!  In brioche!!!  That took me a while to get back on track - I'm still becoming familiar with how all these yarnovers and slipped stitches formally interact in the fabric.

I think one of the things I love the most about these MKALs is that they "force" me into doing something I might not choose to do otherwise (such as weird stitch patterns and/or crazy shaping!).  It's usually a fun challenge in the end, and sometimes I even do small victory laps when something horrifically complex turns out absolutely stunning.

That may be why I seem to be dropping stitches all over the place these days - weird stitch patterns.  Since I started knitting, and for years after that, I had never dropped a stitch beyond the working stitch.  I like to think I pay close enough attention to what I'm doing, but evidently even as recently as last evening something went terribly awry!

Stay safe and well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
That shop is still there, and has expanded into a big place over the years. The owner really is very nice :)

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows