Not All Redacted!

Hello on this lemon asparagus orzo risotto Tuesday!  (You might be asking yourself - didn't we just have this recently?  Why, yes - probably 2-3 weeks ago now.  But I've finally found the Little Sweetie peppers that take this meal from delicious to amazing!).

Next stop, still on Day 1:


Um, wow!  I just googled this place and learned that not only has the yarn store closed, but the owner of the building was charged with arson after setting it on fire!  And there were some carbon monoxide poisonings in the building a couple of years ago.  So it's a wonder we survived!!

When it was a yarn store, I'm pretty sure I purchased some fancy (read - expensive) yarn that was very fine but that also had random bits of tiny garland in it.  I thought it made an amazing shawl (there was a sample in the shop).  Of course it was an absolute pain to work with!!

The Housatonic Riverwalk was lovely - an idyllic greenspace park right in the middle of town (and evidently not too far from fraud and arson!!!).

I'm also pretty sure we took the scenic route to get there, and it continued to be an absolutely lovely and peaceful drive.  It took more time, of course - we could have been barreling up Route 91 or similar, but the only deadline we had was to check into the B&B some time later that day.  Such freedom!!

I didn't knit much yesterday - work keeps getting in the way of my knitting time, LOL!!!

Stay well and safe!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I wonder if I got that same yarn? Dark blue with intermittent spans of silver garland that I found challenging to knit.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows