An Idea and a Discovery

Greetings on this fine Tuesday!  I hope you're well; we're good here.

I had an idea the other day about how to approach the latest Nelkin kit - the scarf I don't want to make for so many reasons.  I'd made one of Yarn Harlot's Pretty Things a while ago, and was pretty sure the last time I'd seen it was in the finishing pile.  So I dug it out:


Um, it's finished.


What was it doing, then, hanging out with all of the slacker projects??  No idea.

(The little things are wristlets; a different pattern, but matchy!)

Here's the story:  I had a bunch of 10g balls of WHITE ANGORA.  They're from my grandma, and they're OLD.  How old?  They're Lion Brand.  I'm pretty sure LB hasn't made these in forever.  The yarn is  35% angora, 25% wool, 25% nylon, 15% casein. 

White, you say?  Yes, one of my earlier dye experiments was to dye all of this white yarn bright pink.  It is so much more fun this way.

AND - I don't even have this pattern in my Ravelry Library.  I've been on Ravelry since 2007.  You do the math.

Anyway, my idea is:  Make a Pretty Thing with the scarf kit yarn, and add the beads along the bottom edge.  All I have left to do is decide what size needle I want to use, cast on, and I'm off and running!!

In other news:  I can't stop making things in our crockpot.  Yesterday I made another batch of what I'm calling "golden juice": that amazing stock made with the smoked turkey carcass.  Today I'm making pulled pork - and we're not even having it for dinner tonight, LOL!  (It will all get frozen for consumption in the near future!)

Not much new wildlife action that I've seen, but I've my head in my computer more than usual lately (when I'm not cooking, LOL).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons