Back on Track

Helllooooooooo Friday!  I hope you're well; we're good here.

I managed to get back on track with Squircle yesterday.  I know this because I've just passed the point where I had to wrap the yarn that I'd used on the failed attempt back around the ball.  Now it's pulling from the center once again, the yarn sock is back in place, and it's almost starting to look like a sock again:


(You can ignore my hair that's to the left of the sock.  You can't get away from my hair in this house, it's everywhere in spite of my keeping it combed and usually bound up in some way.)

But - aren't these colors fun??  Neuro picked some nice ones!  I had no idea the brown was tucked away in there, and it looks great!  I can't wait to see what color is next, and I'm not peeking!

Yesterday I learned about my new gig, editing AR-generated captions for a broadcasting company on the West Coast.  It involves a caption editor, video footage, and specially-coded keystrokes that modify the JSON code behind the scenes.  They've given me one small assignment to complete over the weekend so I can get a feel for the whole thing.  I'll find out shortly what they have in mind schedule-wise.  The team seems very nice and helpful so far, so it's likely I'll enjoy working with them as well!

(All of this work I'm doing now is part of my strategy to build experience and a portfolio as a writer/editor.  Ideally, I'd be writing and editing science-related material, but hopefully something like that will come along once I've accumulated these additional credentials.)

All of this might put a dent into my knitting output, but rest assured that the knitting will indeed go on! 

In wildlife news - it rained cats and dogs all day yesterday.  At one point, however, there was quite a racket coming from outside my window - a bunch of birds, mostly RWBs, were jumping around in the puddles along the edge of the woods, pecking at bugs and having a grand old time while chirping at the top of their lungs.  I'm glad someone enjoyed that weather!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons