Commemorative Colorway - The First Year

It's Huuuummmmmmmmp Daaaaaaaaayyyy!!!  I hope you're well; we're good here.

First, I'd like to show you what I'm going to dub as the "Commemorative Colorway" series for our Annual Memorial Day Dyeing Weekend tradition.  We started this last year when Neuro had first visited us at our new home and the Ws were here for the afternoon as well.  Mostly out of laziness, I kept the jars of the dyes we had mixed for that event.  This year, I used parts of each jar to do this:


I think this one should just be named "Premiere".  It will probably take me 14,000 years to spin, but don't be surprised if it then gets turned into a few cowls or something - just sayin'.

(I don't necessarily recommend keeping jars of dye for a year, but aside from a few clumps of whatever at the bottom, these worked fine.  I will be disposing of them, however!)

I also think that Neuro's interactive roving should be the official colorway for this year's event, but I'll leave that up to her to decide and then to name :)

I so enjoyed attending the Livestream of NYPL's May book club discussion for My Dark Vanessa.  I had also enjoyed listening to the audiobook (performed by Grace Gummer), and last evening I was very pleasantly surprised that, in addition to interviewing the author, the host interviewed a researcher/expert AND featured a musical guest - Aimee Mann!!!!!  Wow!!!  Evidently, one of Mann's songs had inspired the author during parts of her book, can you imagine?

June's section is The Glass Hotel, by Emily St. John Mandel.  I'll be reading or listening to that sometime between now and the end of June!

I continue to knit away on Switching Modes Cowl and My Corona.  I haven't cast on anything new lately, but it's been hotter than blue blazes here this week, so most of the time knitting is a very sticky activity, even with fans and ACs!

I don't have any wildlife news to report, but last evening the farmer showed up and sprayed something on the yellow whatever.  And left big wheel mark stripes up and down the field.  I have no idea what he's doing, but I'm hoping there will be more activities to watch soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons