Um.....

Hello Monday!  I hope you're doing well; we're good here.

The first Squircle is done except for the toe grafting and working in the two ends (so much better than changing yarns to make all those stripes and having 8 million ends to work in!):



Um - It looks huge, but it fits amazingly well (although, with those needles still in it, it's like trying on a porcupine).  I have a wee bit of yarn left, which I'll plan to use for preemie mitts!

(Check out the cuuuuute DPN holders - turns out they work for these skinny needles too!!  I think I got these from Neuro!)

Um - It turns out I do have more of the purple leftover slipper yarn - this is what I get for peering into a large, dark bag during non-daylight hours:


I'm going to be able to make a whole other bag with what I have - AND it can be two colors, woohoo!!

(Although I'm still wrestling with the first one - more trying to get the proportions right than anything else; I keep saying this but I should have something to show you tomorrow!)

Um - and what was with the security guards at the Weggies entrance this morning?  Enforcing face mask compliance?  Counting shoppers so we don't exceed the physics of 6-foot distancing?  At the ready to quell any social unrest?

Speaking of which - there were several new queues along the meat section, one for each type of meat (chicken, beef, beef, pork - yes, there were two for beef, so much beef, yuck).

There's still no chicken except for bone-in drumsticks, and the pork is starting to get scarce as well.  Plenty of beef though.  Yuck.

I didn't even wander over to the paper goods section to see what was going on over there!

Um - just when we thought we'd been greeted enthusiastically by everyone in the neighborhood only to have them leave disappointed after we told them they could not hunt in our woods - we had another pair of hopeful turkey hunters stop by yesterday.  They were friendly and polite, but they were also disappointed.  The previous owner had told us he'd let "a few" people hunt on his property, but judging by how many inquires we've had the number was somewhat larger than that!

In wildlife news - the birds are everywhere.  They are flying everywhere, they are hopping around everywhere, they are in the trees everywhere, they're chasing each other, and they're all chirping their lungs out.  It's rather joyful!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
cool socks! the second Squircle will be much easier, I promise.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons