Fruit Pie

Hello, Saturday!  I hope you're well; we're good here.

Continuing with the slow roll of the dyeing projects, today I'd like you to meet Fruit Pie:


I'd started grabbing dye colors when I realized they were all fruit names: Strawberry, Blueberry, Grape, Pomegranate.  Hence the name.  I continue to be predictably heavy-handed with the speckle dyeing, but I'll blame that on what was in my adult sippy cup that afternoon.

This is going to look smashing once it's spun.  Oh, and the yarn is a cormo/bunny mix that I bought in, um, 2002 at the Hemlock Sheep and Wool Festival.  Which just goes to show that fiber and yarn are willing to wait for their true purpose.  This yarn is super soft, and will make great next-to-skin items - cowls, perhaps??

Check out Neuro's blog for pics of her work that day - it's awesome!

Modest amounts of knitting continue.  I assembled the ingredients for a new project, but haven't started it yet.  I won't tell you what year I got that yarn, mostly because I don't remember exactly, but it might rival the cormo/bunny roving, LOL.

The weather finally broke yesterday, with Sturm und Drang, of course.  Today the air is crystal-clear, everything is extra green, and there is the loveliest of breezes.  The birds are overjoyed, from the sounds of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons