Felting Frenzy!!

Happy Weekend on this sunny (so far) Sunday!  I hope you're well; we're good here.

I had such a giddy day off yesterday!  I knitted my butt off, finished my audiobook, made the face mask for Oogyhubby, took a lovely nap, and did this:


All of these objects are now shrunk to their intended size and are completing the drying process!

I think I've finally figured out a pretty good formula for using the appliances that came with the house fo felting.  The washing machine is one of those low water use ones (we're surrounded by water here, go figure), so it's virtually useless for felting.  What I've been doing is running through a couple of cycles of hot wash (with some old jeans that would otherwise get thrown away), and then turning it off after a couple of quick spins.  Then I throw everything into the dryer on a timer - usually 20 minutes or so at a time, as many times as it takes to get them to the right size.

The thing to be really careful of is not letting anything get a crease in it because that can become permanent.  That's one of the reasons why the slippers are stuffed with Weggies bags - so they keep their rounded shape for feet and don't collapse and get a crease before they dry completely.

Everything turned out super cute, and I'm really pleased. 

After all the felting, I spent the evening with friends (virtually, of course!).  The time goes by so quickly that way!

Today it's back to face the music: housework, some work, etc.  Although there might be some knitting happening in-between - I'm about to start the toe of the second Squircle!!

In wildlife news: Oogyhubby spied our foxie trotting up to the berm the other evening; he paused there for a bit before disappearing into the woods.  We haven't seen anything else besides birds - the deer and turkeys must be in deep hiding these days!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
hmm, didn't have you pegged as the matching-shoes-and bag type, Oogy!
Felting outcomes can be so random. It's great to see a positive result.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons