Second Annual Memorial Day Dyeing Weekend!

Happy Monday and Memorial Day!  I hope this finds you well; we're good here.

I'm still giddy about the "virtual" dyeing session that we had yesterday - me, Neuro, and LW, courtesy of Google Meet!  I lined up every possible dyeing project I could get my hands on, Neuro made her session so very awesome by making it interactive, and LW finished yet another pair of socks whilst watching us duck in and out of camera with our potions and things.  It was so much fun!!  While it would have been much better in person, as we'd intended when we started this annual tradition a year ago, it was definitely the next best thing!!

I don't have any pics to show you yet - for some reason, the cold water wasn't working at the sink where I was (another fun project, LOL), so I'm re-rinsing and drying all four projects.  I may even try to stretch their eventual photos out over a period of a few days - I've been knitting as well, but nothing new: Switching Modes Cowl, and My Corona (I know, right??  Maybe there will be a vaccine by the time I finish the thing??), so not a lot of pics to show you!

I have to say, though, that holding laceweight doubled has opened up a whole new realm of ideas for me!!

Summer seems to have arrived this week, so although it was snowing about a week ago we'll probably be lugging the air conditioners out before too long!  I've already had a couple of fans going during the day, which definitely helps.  We're making some holiday-appropriate food to enjoy for dinner this evening, and of course will take some time to honor the men and women who have served our country throughout our young history.  Now, if only all these crazy men would stop waging war on each other and their respective countries!!

In terms of wildlife updates - Oogyhubby had a couple of friends over the other night for some socially-distanced beers on the deck.  At one point, they heard coyotes in the distance!  That's a new one for us (we're not usually hanging out on the deck that late ourselves!).  Very exciting!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I wondered how we were going to pull it off, but it was totally awesome to have our event done remotely!
Happy Memorial Day!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons