A Turkiversary, Of Sorts

Happy Sunny Sunday to you!  I hope you're well; we're good here.

This morning Oogyhubby and I got up early to do some work - and also have a delicious breakfast and, as it turns out, to enjoy the beginning of what looks to be a lovely sunny day!

I happened to glance out the window on my way downstairs and spied a turkey scooting behind the shed!!

I've been on the lookout for the turkeys - I know they're around here, but I never see them.  Except for last year - in mid-April.  I took some bad (of course) pictures then; there was a lot of wind, I saw them a few times over the course of a couple of days, and then nothing.

So maybe today's sighting was just a chance encounter.  Anyway - happy Turkiversary!

In knitting news, I've been a bit busy over the past couple of days, in spite of doing some actual work in-between.

The Squircle is looking awesome:


Neuro's colors are fabulous, aren't they??  I'm not yet ready for toe decreases, and want to get the most out of that super neat teal that is about to reveal itself!

I also made a couple of decisions about the felted bag made from the leftover slipper yarn:


I know I said I'd knit it already, but it ended up looking like a flute case even before felting (long and narrow (if in case you're not familiar with flute cases because you managed to escape the 4th-grade desire to play the flute because it was small and cute, ask me how I know).  I didn't have as much of the purple left over, so I'm making a bit of striping pattern with no plan except that there will be stripes and that I will finish with the gray.  More to come on that!

In wildlife news:  turkeys.

In other news: I finished the Mindshift course on Coursera, and highly recommend it.  I may have signed up for some others, taking advantage of the free certificate offer they are running for the rest of the month.  I'm also listening to an audiobook, My Dark Vanessa, which I learned about from the NYPL, it's their May book club selection.  It's very dark indeed, but it's fiction and I'm looking forward to seeing where it's going.

I've also had some terrific virtual interactions with several friends over the past few days - it's so great to keep in touch with humor and affection with everything that's going on around us.  As I told the Ws last night - at one point, they made my face hurt!!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Those socks look so cool. Looking at them makes me want to fire up the dye studio!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons