What Just Happened??

Sure Happy It's Thursday!!  I hope you're well; we're good here!

I disappeared into a flurry of productivity yesterday, and I'm feeling even more morally superior than before, LOL!!

As far as the knitting goes, I finally finished BadAss Spring Scrappy:


OK, she looks huge.  But - she is light as a feather and very soft.  Perfect for the light breezes and graupel of Spring!

I also cast on for the second Squircle:


The 40" Addis are already poised for action!

I also cranked on my new work: finishing the editing process for my first article, sending my second article to copyediting, and preparing for my third article.  Additionally, I had another transcription assignment and I continue to improve my skills with their software.  I'd love to rest on my laurels today, but I've got to get that third article well underway; it's a revision, but still - I like to fuss with them!

I forgot to mention the awesome soup I made the other day (no pics of food here though!).  Remember when we cooked our butts off on Xmas?  Oogyhubby had smoked a turkey then, and we decided to freeze the carcass for future adventures.  I found an easy crockpot recipe on the internet - basically, it's just the carcass, mirepoix, and chicken broth, with cream of chicken and pasta at the end.  

O.M.G.  The house smelled amazing all day.  The messiest part was dumping all the stuff to strain out the broth - hot crockpot into a colander, always fraught with peril.  And it was - Fan. Tas. Tick.  Cook the pasta separately so it doesn't get mushy, and sprinkle some cheese on top when serving.  

The best news?  Our crockpot holds only about 8 cups, so I had to break the carcass into three parts. Which means - I can do this two more times!!!

In wildlife news - Oogyhubby spied our foxie last evening as he zigzagged through the tall yellow flowers of the whatever.  Things are starting to fill in with green very quickly!  I also think that another one of my orchids is preparing a flower stick - that would make 4/5!!  I tried to give the fifth one some encouragement, but it's not having any of it.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I'm wondering if Badass Spring Scrappy could double as a face covering. It's BEEE-utafull!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons