Complete Redesign?

Happy Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo!  I hope you're well; we're good here.

Last night I finished the knitting on the first leftover slipper yarn cannibal bag:


I kept changing my mind about the dimensions and then had some re-do once I "found" the "extra" ball of purple yarn.  Even so, I've started a second one:


I may have enough of the gray left after this to make something else - but smaller, like mitts or something.  Stay tuned for that update!

So - those lovely beading projects I've completed recently - the Cassio Collar and Presto Cowlo?  That were so pretty I flew through them and then promptly gave them away?  The third project has just arrived and it's - well, not something I want to make.  Ever.

Two major reasons:  1) It's a laceweight scarf and will just hang there.  I see it curling inward on itself, flaring at the bottom, and stretching.  Yuck.  2)  The pattern calls for two-sided lace.  I respect two-sided lace, but it will take a very special occasion for me to do it.  Two-sided lace caused Neuro and I to bail from the Dunella Scarf project, and that was a special occasion indeed.

But - the yarn and beads are lovely.  The yarn is a laceweight alpaca/silk blend in a beautiful shade of purple, and the beads are iridescent and coordinating.

This calls for a complete redesign!  What do you think - cowl??  A shorter version of Ice Queen, perhaps?

I don't have any wildlife news to report, but I have a theory that the farmer planted a cover crop of rapeseed on the hayfield.  The field is starting to fill in with yellow flowers.  It will be interesting to see when this will get harvested, and if there will be any hay this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons