BadAss Pawprint - In the Beginning

I've completed the first set of pawprint motifs for this next cowl in the series, BadAss Pawprint:


My observations thus far:

- It is my intention that this fabric would be denser, and warm - and it is.  I shouldn't be surprised, therefore, that it's chewing up the yarn pretty quickly -I'm already on my second skein of the black!  I'm not worried about that color, though - I have a seemingly infinite supply of it; but I have only three skeins of the copper.  That might put a limit on how long I can make this thing.  It's not an issue yet, just a possibility.

- For me, stranded knitting with a tighter gauge is a bit harder on the hands.  I'll be doing some work on baby mitts today so I can take a small break.

- I made the ribbing section somewhat longer, to allow for its weight to pull down on the body of the cowl, and not try to fold up onto it.  This tendency may block out at first, but it always creeps back in - so annoying.

- These little prints are wicked fun to make.

What is so BadAss about a cowl with these super cute pawprints, you might ask?  It's all about the bead that will hang off of a braided leather cuff and that will accompany this cowl.  More to come on that later on!

I also did some knitting on December Hat, with its wild cables.  I hope to have it finished within the next few days, so I can be ready for January Gift next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons