The Dye Experiments - Squiggle and Speckle

What happens when you combine Bare Capretta, large plastic pipettes, and dye solutions that Neuro left behind earlier this year?


This!!


It's not exactly the squiggle effect that I had in mind - perhaps that would work better on a sock blank - but I did have fun with directing the different colors and making dots with the red that was starting to precipitate out of solution!  I didn't have anything in mind for this yarn, but the yardage is just right for - you guessed it - a cowl!!!!

While I had the mask and gloves on, I also wanted to try speckle dyeing on roving.  I don't think I've ever dyed roving before either!  I have a big ball of some super soft stuff but I used only a small section of it:



I have no idea what it will look like once it's spun, so I'll hold off on making any pronouncements until that happens!  But the effect looks interesting so far!

I'm nearly done with the knitting on the Scrappy BadAss cowl, but I will still need to work in all those ends and also fashion a cuff for it (although I have an idea).  I started knitting on Pawprint BadAss, but soon realized that there are way too many stitches for the desired circumference.  I knew this would be like a big swatch, so I'm not troubled about ripping back.  Once I get it safely underway, I'll start taking pics!

I also need to come up for some air from these cowls and get December Hat completed before the January Gift pattern is released!  If they stick to the same schedule, that will be on the 21st, so I still have plenty of time.

In other news - with snow on the ground yesterday, I was able to view evidence of some wildlife activity, although the only one I actually saw was our foxie, loping across the driveway as I peered out the window just after I woke up.  It seemed that tracks appeared on the lawn throughout the morning, yet somehow I missed the track-ers (likely deer) dashing about.  Each time I looked out, there were more tracks.  There was even a circular area where it looked like they had been rehearsing Riverdance!  I can't really be looking out that window all day long, but it's fun to think that I might catch a glimpse of something interesting whenever I do have the chance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows