More BadAss Cowl Planning

So I maybe went a little crazy with compiling small piles of yarn with which to make cowls in the coming year....  I'll spare you from most of that madness, and for now will just start with what actually exists:


This one may actually result in a BadAss disqualification, since the bag of small colorful bundles is the result of a very recent splurge (Row One Yarn's Carnival of Color for January 2020) and it just arrived in the mail yesterday.  But - what a fun way to support indie dyers!  I'll probably stick with it for a couple more months, by which time I'll have plenty of new ideas and lots of new leftovers for baby mitts!!  (By way of reminder, this pattern is Casapinka's Cut the Scrap!  I thought I'd need the extra time to come up with a design (and a name) for the exotic handspun cowl.)

Although I have an experiment in mind for a BadAss cuff to go with this cowl, I needed some supplies and probably some practice as well.  I'm also still toying around with adding a bead to Warmup's braided cuff, and will post a pic of the whole thing once it's finalized.  (The cuffs aren't a requirement, but I had a few ideas that I wanted to try out along the way!)  The interview earlier this week didn't pan out, so now there's no rush to get this to its intended recipient just yet.

In other news - we'e getting some snow today, and I'm hoping it will stick around long enough for there to be footprints tonight!  The goaties are out in their pasture seemingly unphased by it all.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I LOVE those colors. It seems perfectly in keeping with the Badass Cowl concept.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons