Borders

I couldn't help it.  Even though I had set it aside after all the counting (and re-counting), I couldn't stop myself from working on the Unicorn Explosion afghan.  I kept thinking - just one more border row, and I'll stop.

Well, I finally did stop - after the last border row:


And here is a close-up of the border that kept me so fascinated:


It was really fun!  And, in the end, I had only a few yards left of this green: not bad for starting with one of those huge ONE POUNDER skeins!  My only intent with this afghan was to use up bits and pieces of pastel yarns that had gone into baby afghans of yore.  I have to say, it was a lot of fun - from the lattice I used to connect the squares, to this lovely border.  It will take me a while, but I think I'll write up the pattern.  But first I need to work in all of the ends!!

I'm also in the final stages of completing BadAss Pawprint.  I really like it a lot, and will plan to write it up as well (just as soon as I figure out what I've done!).

I'd like to spend a good part of today's knitting time working on Viking Hat.  I got a notice that the Sky yarn has been shipped, so it will only be a matter of time before I'm back to work on the CWA.  I still have a LOT of time to get it done, but it will be good to do so.

There continue to be tons of tracks in the (currently melting) snow, but the critters continue to evade me.  The goaties were out yesterday, and they're always fun to watch!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The afghan looks AMAZING. The border looks very intricate and like it ate lots of yarn!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons