Spinning Out of Control

I have a small pile of fiber palate cleansers waiting in the wings (not to mention about 80,000 other spinning projects!), so I told myself yesterday that, if I could fill a bobbin with Only One, I could also work on a couple of those.

That all happened.  I'm currently at the midpoint of the first one, a blend of merino and tencel:


(This is my Ashford Joy.  I also have an Ashford Traditional, which is presently glaring at me through a small bobbin of Northern Ronaldsay).

You can see they're not very big.  But they're super satisfying, and also would make fun little color splashes in a project.

Now for the amazing part:  I only have this much left to spin of Only One:


This is about a bobbin's worth - about as much as I just finished spinning.  (Oogyhubby got the coffee mug as part of a work holiday party gift, at just about the time I was working through a lot of work issues myself.  I appreciate its supportive message almost as much as its generous size!)  I'd like to get it started soon, so I can show you the lineup of skeins!

I also ignored my own cautions about continuing to knit on BadAss Pawprints, and added nearly another row of paws last evening.  I will aim to take another break from it today, and focus on a bit more of spinning and perhaps some design work for the luxury fibers cowl (still unnamed).  And maybe some crocheting on the granny squares.

We had some snow on the ground last night, and there are a few tracks on the lawn but not great definition.  We're getting more snow today and tomorrow, but there will also be wind, so we'll see how much evidence of activity there will be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons