When It Rains!

Well, it's only figuratively raining today, thankfully - we've had plenty of precipitation here so far this season!  But - it is raining yarn projects!  Here's why:

I might be slightly obsessed with the Colour Your Own (although it needs a jazzier title than that!).  It would be cool to get the first 5 inches of the main body done, so I can attach the pockets; that would be a great milestone.  With this big yarn and needles, it goes fairly quickly - but there are a billion stitches too, so one row is a long way around!

I tried on BadAss Pawprint this morning, and I'm less than happy with the top edging.  I wanted to make it wide enough so that the stockinette body wouldn't make it roll, but the bottom section of the top edging seems to blop outwards, making it look - well, bloppy.  I need to figure out if there are any changes I can make to get around this - I'd be more than happy to re-knit the border to remove the blop!  (Maybe it just needs to be smaller, both in height and width?  The bottom ribbing looks great, though!)

In the meantime, I had breakfast today with a dear friend; I showed her so many yarn photos and mentioned that I have this blog that she asked for the link, so hopefully she can join us here once in a while (Hi KH!).  She loved BadAss Pawprint, and asked if I would make one for a friend of hers who works at the local humane society.  I'm all about the pawprints!!!  I think I'll need to make it shorter since the intended recipient is petite, but after trying on the first one I think I've got the width pretty good (no one wants a tight cowl!).  Since everything is good except for the top ribbing, I can get that started soon; hopefully by the time I get to the top, I'll have eliminated the blop :)  I still have tons of the redeployed Olympic Sweater yarn, so even better!

Also - the "emergency" Sky arrived today - and it looks like a skinny worsted, so even better for working into a sport-weight afghan!  I'll need to pick that back up again soon as well!

(Still not forgetting Viking Fire Hat, baby mitts, and everything else going on - including the Goat Milk chart!  They are all still progressing as well - it's like juggling, with yarn!

The deer continue to be visible - in the woods just outside my window during the day, and at the forest's edge and in the field at, and following, sunset.  One was close enough yesterday where I could see his little boy antlers - about 3-4 inches long - awww!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows