More Squalls! And BadAss Warmup!

I think it's new this season that the National Weather Service is issuing Snow Squall Alerts.  Sudden lake effect snow is no stranger here; on a day like today, for example, it's clear and sunny one minute, then the next there is snow in the air.  Often times there's wind and, occasionally, low and ominous clouds will approach and a wall of snow appears.  When a warning is issued, my phone makes a scary noise (or, as Oogyhubby has informed me, an office full of phones all make a scary noise at the same time!).  It's helpful to know this - at one point, today's earlier squall (evidently there could be another later in the day) lowered visibility to less than 1/8 mile (I know this because I could only see about halfway down my driveway!).  They don't last all that long, and they don't leave all that much snow behind, but they are quite the event!

Thankfully, there is yarn to keep me warm and busy throughout all of this winter weather!  I continue to obsessively work on the CutTheScrap (CTS) cowl and think about all kinds of fun ideas for the cowls yet to come (Neuro - I like your suggestion about Ebaying the Olympic sweater kit, but I really like the yarn and have just finished drafting a chart for a two-color stranded cowl using some of it!  However, I'll proceed carefully, so if the yarn turns on me I can send the whole thing away!).

I guess I've buried the lead with this one - but here is a final picture of Warmup, cuff and all:


The bead I've hung off the cuff stands out a lot better in person that it does in this pic - but hopefully you can get the idea.  I'm still experimenting on a cuff for the CTS.

I may also head down into the dye studio later today to try out a couple of ideas I've had.  I'll take pics so I can tell you more about it later!

No wildlife news to report - but I'll keep an eye out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons