Unicorn Explosion

I had the pastel granny squares laid out on our dining room table the other evening, so I could arrange them as I was connecting them all together.  At one point it looked like a unicorn had exploded; since there is not an intended recipient for this item, I may as well go ahead and continue to refer to it as "Unicorn Explosion".  Here it is in its present state:


As I recall (although it's been some time now, at least two years), my original intent with these squares was to use up a variety of leftovers from prior baby afghan projects.  Right now my plan is to continue the border in the variegated pastel until it runs out, then make another border layer in the same minty green until I've used up most of that, with some other kind of stitch pattern (still TBD!).

I also completed December Hat:


I don't completely hate it, but it would have been sooooo much better with a longer brim and a better-executed cast-on.  Also, the cables seem to call out for a more substantial yarn - something that could really withstand a cold wind.  I would consider making it again, with changes to those parameters; aside from a small glitch in the pattern (Row 31), it was really fun to make.

After my spinning frenzy the other day, I've got some plying to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons