A Quiet Day

I don't have any adventure knitting to tell you about today - things are pretty quiet, but in a good way.  

The plum fingerless mitts are drying happily on their blocking board:


Instead of starting the first border for the CWA, I spent yesterday's knitting time working on Spring Scrappy.  It's such a happy pattern, I couldn't help it.  But - at the very least I need to pick up the border stitches during some decent daylight.  The rest I can do completely blindfolded.  I'll endeavor to get that started today.

The Goat Hat saga continues.  Prototype 2 might be salvageable: it's possible all I need to do is re-knit the last 8 inches or so, such that the Goat Milk? lettering is moved up towards the top of the hat by a couple of inches (no easy cut/paste option here!).  While I'm feeling brave, I'll do the ripping out today.  I still think that the overall design isn't the best, but I'd hate this version a lot less with this change.

I also have identified some yarn for Prototype 3 - this will be a fingering-weight version, but it is otherwise very similar to P2.  I still need to spend some time adjusting the chart, but I can still get started on the liner part in advance of that.

It's also time to start thinking about the next cowl project!  More to come!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I'm familiar with the process of hat design that you are experiencing. You may end up with 10 hats before you are fully satisfied with the result!!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons