Not Isolating, But Introverting!

All the local schools here have closed for the time being, so I made the decision to do my weekly grocery shopping a little deeper into the country, rather than at the Wegmans store in the suburb one town over.  Someone once described most Wegmans parking lots as "Thunderdome", and that holds especially true for days leading up to holidays as well as periods of social isolation - so I wasn't taking any chances today.  I may check it out a little later in the week, mostly because I have to pick up a prescription there - but I'm curious as well.  The other day, all of the bananas were gone.  Perhaps bananas are a leading indicator of panic grocery shopping??

Even in the country store (it's still a fairly major chain, Tops, but it's in the other direction), the place looked like a bunch of 5-year-olds had run through with grocery carts and grabbed all the bread, pasta, mac-n-cheese, milk, carrots, and toilet paper they could carry.  So now everyone is going to be super bored and over-carbed, right?

I get the sense that a lot of people are dreading staying at home.  From my perspective, this would be something to enjoy immensely!  Think of all the reading, knitting, cooking (without carrots, evidently), and other projects you can get done!  If the weather stays as nice as it's been, everyone should have picture-perfect lawns and gardens this year!

In all seriousness, though - anything we can do to help slow down this virus will benefit everyone.  Please be sure to wash your hands a lot, and take care of yourselves if you're feeling under the weather.

In knitting news:

Last night I finished Part III of Phase IV of the CWA, and have picked up the stitches for Part IV, the last side for the border!!  I'm definitely in the home stretch now!  

I also finished the knitting for the latest pair of baby mitts.

Neuro is finalizing a new pattern, and I did a bit of test knitting today to get her some feedback.  I'll share the link to the pattern once she's posted it.  In the meantime, I'm going to make one - so more to come on that as well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I'm calling it sanctioned solitude.
The awesome Oogy pattern feedback will make a huge difference. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons