Mindfulness

I hope that today finds you all well!  We're still good here :)

I thought that this would be a good opportunity to revisit some of Neuro's descriptions of mindfulness, particularly in relation to knitting; I believe this work also led to her creation of the Switching Modes pattern (and I see that there is now a cowl as well!). 

All of this occurred to me as I began to struggle working on my MCP last evening.  I realized that I'd been working on it for 2-3 hours, and that I had just hit a wall.  Now - I can knit for days (with the appropriate stretching of course!), but my fingers were getting confused and I felt mentally fatigued.  Well - duh!  This project employs a technique that is relatively unfamiliar and relentless - there is no "rest row" on the way back during which I can relax.  I failed to consider that I needed a break from all of this intense focusing (not to mention counting!).

Anyway - regardless of whether or how you use yarn, don't forget to change things up once in a while, particularly during this time of social distancing.  Continue to challenge yourself with trying new or challenging things, but remember to include something familiar or relaxing as well!

Earlier yesterday, I finished the small square of Only One that I wanted to use for something interesting.  Aren't these colors great??


I've already ripped it out so that I can use all of this yarn for something fabulous (no specific ideas yet, but marinating!!).  I'll show you a pic of the interesting thing if it turns out as expected.

In other news - now that Oogyhubby is working from home, he has the opportunity to see some of the wildlife for himself.  Yesterday he came upstairs to tell me - there was this bird in the tree by the flagpole, it had a huge red crest and a big beak, and it was really big!!  Yes - he saw the Pileated!  Yesterday morning, I saw a deer in the woods, so perhaps they're circling back to this area for a while.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Isn't it great to have the skills to go from roving to swatch? Amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows