MCP - It Begins!!

As always, I hope this finds you all well in these uncertain times!  Things continue to be quiet and uneventful here.

I wanted to show you a pic of the last of the mitts, all finished and drying on the blocking board:


Also, after much YouTube watching and pattern finagling, I'm casting on for the MCP this morning:


I'm still pretty obsessed with working on BadAss Hybrid as well, but that work is going to come to a halt very soon since I'll need to make some more handspun (well, I have a lot, but not in the quantity or color family that I need for this particular project).  I should also do some more work on Neuro's latest pattern, so I'm ready for when she publishes it!

The only wildlife I saw yesterday was fairly domesticated - the goaties, Bella (the border collie who lives next to the bottom of our driveway), and one of "our" four cats.  There are still birds everywhere, but no signs of the deer, foxies, or other critters.  It's hard to know for sure without any snow on the ground, though.

On an additional knit-related note:

If you're looking for some appropriately socially distant knitting company, there are tons of fun knitting YouTubers out there.  I get a lot of really good ideas and inspiration from the following:

Fleece and Harmony - Two Canadian sisters who own and run a spinning mill and yarn shop on Prince Edward Island - oh, and they have a flock of sheep and some horses and dogs too (and they do their own dyeing!).  They always have plenty of sophisticated knitting projects going on, and are super generous with their knowledge.  They typically post every two weeks, but have moved to once a week in order to provide some additional interaction opportunities via social media.

The Grocery Girls - Another pair of Canadian sisters, although these two live in Edmonton.  They both knit and design prolifically, and one of them has a very successful Etsy shop where she sells the project bags she sews using fabric printed with knitting (MrsBrownsBags).  They had been posting about every two weeks as well, but are moving to about once a week as well.

Arne & Carlos - Two Norwegian yarn artists who are quarantined for 14 days due to their recent travels abroad; they started a daily podcast and mystery knitalong last week, so it's not too late to join in!  Although they have had a weekly technical series ongoing for several years, they have pared down to a no-frills approach out of necessity that I find both refreshing and endearing.  They are making up the KAL patterns as they go, and they're both complex and whimsical.

I'm sure there are tons more out there, but these are the ones that I currently subscribe to and look forward to.  The Fleece and Harmony ladies really love Fruity Knitting, which you might want to try out, but I don't think it suits me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows