Preventive Measures

Wow!  Several days ago a friend and I had arranged to meet this morning for coffee, and we had to try three different places before finding one that hadn't already closed its indoor dining areas.  We ended up at a Wegmans, which was quite empty!  We took great care to bump elbows, sanitize, and use napkins to touch any handles or similar, but it seems like it will be best to lie low for a while until we all start to figure out what exactly is going on.  (We had a lovely time catching up over coffee, though!!)  I called today to reschedule a routine status check-in with my physician, and they sounded quite relieved.  Everything is getting pushed forward until April though - if we're through this by then, we will all be very busy as well!!

Back to some knitting content!

I think I can show you a bit of what I've done thus far on Neuro's new pattern without giving too much away:




(You can ignore the dark green yarn - that's a provisional cast-on.)  The gray yarn is some left over from the CWA (when I had to buy all doubles), the lime green and reddish yarn I think Neuro dyed and I made into socks some time ago now.

I also cast on for what I'm going to call the BadAss Hybrid Cowl:


It's a hybrid because it will be part handspun and part commercial yarns.  If you see a little pink bead in there, it's because at one point I was experimenting with putting beads into some handspun, I think during the plying process.  They're very jaunty, but if I recall correctly the process was rather cumbersome (so much easier to stick those things on whilst knitting!).  The handspun yarns will be mostly blues and grays, and the commercial yarn is somewhat space dyed in various grays.

I saw a couple of robins flying around on my way back home this morning, which is always a cheerful harbinger of Spring! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons