A Murder!!

Well, of crows anyway.  I happened to look out my window early yesterday afternoon and saw this:


(Please continue to ignore the poor quality of my images and instead focus on the number of black dots - these are crows!!  Imagine them flying around in the air as well, and the caw-ing - oh my!!)

Just as mysteriously, they were gone about an hour later.

I can't believe they are migrating - they've been around most of the year.  Could they be taking a break from some kind of adventure?  Was there a crow convention in the area?  Perhaps a family reunion of sorts?

In yarn news - I decided to assess the availability of size 5 circular needles yesterday, hopefully the interchangeable ones where you can connect more than one cable together for those extra-long projects (like a big sweater or, say, an afghan border!).  Evidently, at one point (um, several years ago) I anticipated this need, because I'd obtained a 40" circular cable for my Denise set - AND the size 5 points happened to be in there!! (I'm always leaving these around in other projects so the set is in a state of perpetual incompleteness.)  I am all set to begin Phase IV!!  I've got some competing priorities today, but that's not to say I can't at least get this started in the daylight.

The plum fingerless mitts are done and ready for a swim - pic tomorrow!!  Um, and I've cast on for a pretty blue pair - probably fingerless again, given the partial skeins I have.  We've got another two weeks before March Gift is released, so that ought to give me time to finish up with this obsession!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons