Excellent Cornbread

We had some good friends join us last evening for dinner in the country, which was such a blast!  I spent the day cleaning the house and preparing the meal (jambalaya in the crock pot!); all my scrubbing muscles are sore today, but the house hasn't looked this great since we last had visitors some time ago.  I plan to enjoy the tidiness for some time to come!

I'll continue with my commitment not to show you pictures of my food, but if you're looking for a super easy and delicious cornbread recipe, I highly recommend this one.  It was moist and on the sweet side - perfect to accompany the spicy jambalaya.  Even Oogyhubby liked it - and he is no fan of cornbread.  I didn't have a square pan so I used a 9" cake pan - so it baked up a bit faster as well!

Just this morning, I finished the knitting on BadAss Autumn Handspun:


I couldn't resist adding that bit of color at the top, although I'm not sure what I'll think of it in a few days (the time it will take me to want to work in all those ends and send it for a swim!).  I can always take it out and just end with that grayish brown.  Any thoughts on that?

Today my knitting goals are to finish a pair of baby mitts (and start the next one) and get another chunk of work done on Part III of CWA Phase IV (aka the third border).  I'm also going to select the yarns for the next cowl, another handspun (although I just had an idea to use some otherwise unattractive sock yarn for the inbetween - stay tuned for that!).  I also have a special project in mind that will need to borrow some of the Only One - but just a swatch, which I can re-deploy when done.  I'll be sure to tell you more about that as it progresses!

The deer seem to be scarce these days; such is the life of nomad ungulates, they must be hanging out elsewhere for now.  We had some rain and big wind yesterday, so the goaties did not make an appearance either.  I heard the red-winged blackbirds (RWBs) again, and also heard a morning dove at one point.  It looks like some daffodils are starting to emerge as well.  It seems early, but perhaps we've seen the last of the super cold (although I'm not holding my breath about the snow, we're sure to see that again at some point).


Comments

neuroknitter said…
The off-white background on this cowl reminds me of the Shetland lace we've been playing with. I like the shot of color on the edge!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows