Way To Go, Weggies!!

First, I have to give a shout-out to our local grocery store chain, Wegmans.  As I'd mentioned, I needed to pick up a prescription at mine, and thought I'd get a few other items as well - and also I wanted to check out how things were going.

Everyone else must be home trying to figure out how to work remotely, because it wasn't crowded.  There wasn't chaos.  They are rationing the popular items (although today there were scores of carrots and bananas, go figure), and even though many things are still scarce I got most of what I needed, everyone was friendly, the store was organized and tidy, and even if it stays this way for a while it will be quite acceptable.  Hats off and cheers for Wegmans!!

(Oh - I also ran into the liquor store to get a couple of things.  I asked the cashier if it had been busy there, and she said it was crazy-busy, like at Xmas.  I also asked her what the popular items were.  She said everything was really popular, but especially vodka and boxed wine - LOL!!!)

The March Gift pattern was released yesterday and it's - a cowl.  Of all things!  So here's what Neuro and I are going to do: each of us is going to make something coronavirus-themed, and then unveil it at the end of the month.  I already know what I want to make, I just need to do some excavation in the stash to find the appropriate yarn.  I'm pretty sure mine won't be finished before the end of the month, but I'm hoping it will be well underway for the unveiling!

Speaking of finishing - I still need to wrap up my February Gift mitt-themed items.  I finished the knitting on these this morning:


Yes, one last pair of Comfy Gusset Mitts in leftover Wool-Ease - there are fingerless and slightly shorter than the last fingerless pair I made - I didn't have a lot of blue left and was afraid I'd run out (I didn't!).  What I still have remaining is one pair of socks-to-mitts and the repair on Neuro's colorwork mitts.  I'm committed to getting those done before I cast on for the Mystery Coronavirus Project!  (MCP?)

There continues to be a lot of bird activity here, but still very little wild mammal activity.  I'll just have to pay extra attention to the goaties!!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I too had a surprisingly pleasant market experience today.
MCP!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons