Not A Lot of Finishing Going On Here

I hope this finds you all well and safe; we're good here!

I'd been looking forward to my weekly visit to Wegmans yesterday - not only to replenish some supplies, but also to see what might be different since my last visit a week ago.  It was also strange to venture out into "the world"!

The major difference was that the food rationing continues to work really well - the shelves had sufficient breads, pastas, rice, canned goods, etc.  I even got some bacon!! 

Someone there had scored a large shipment of TP - it was an unfamiliar brand, with the label half in French.  I imagined a Wegmans purchasing agent, like a modern-day Radar O'Reilly, bartering with their colleague in Montreal (where else would one get French TP??) to exchange their excess TP (perhaps many of them have bidets??) for our excess Naan (no one has been eating flatbreads here, evidently).

The only thing I still wasn't able to get was paper towels.  First world problems, indeed.

Also yesterday I finished the knitting on the BadAss Hybrid.  Here it is, still a mess with loose ends and no bath yet:


(You can just about see BadAss Pawprint hanging out in the background there.)

I really need to spend some time finishing things - I've got three cowls and the Viking Hat awaiting those final steps!  I really should make some progress there before I go casting on for another BadAss cowl!

Today I've got a bean-less pork chili simmering in the crock pot, which always makes the house smell awesome.  The weather has been a bit dreary, and cooking perks things up a bit, doesn't it?

Comments

neuroknitter said…
That is a nice color combo in the Badass Cowl.
I will venture out to the store today...wish me luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons