February Gift!

I had some competing priorities yesterday that took up most of the afternoon, and I forgot all about stalking the Kelbourne Woolens page on Ravelry to find out what their February Gift pattern was until last evening!

It's a pair of mitts!  They look lovely, and I hope they sell lots of copies of the pattern as well as their kit.

Given the mitten theme, I've decided on the following three initiatives:

1)  Take the (ever-growing) pile of knit socks with holes in them and convert them into wrist sleeves - basically, fingerless mitts without the thumbhole.  Neuro showed me a pair she'd made for herself and they look BadAss as well as trendy!  All I have to do is cut off the feet and heel, pick up the stitches, and bind off.  Here's what I've got:


2) I also have this pair of fingerless mitts that I made with GMS's Mountain Mohair (yes, possibly one of the cones they tossed down to us from their attic) and that I really love - except they are fraying around the thumbholes.  Rather than re-knit an entire pair, I'm just going to unravel/cut and re-knit the ends (even better now that I know how to make a circular bind-off nearly invisible):


3) I don't think all of this will take that long, and I printed this pattern not too long ago, so I'm going to make a straightforward pair of mitts with some leftover Wool-Ease:


I haven't forgotten all the other projects in the queue, although I am taking a small break from the CWS before embarking on all those ends; likewise with Viking Hat.  There is a new version of Goat Hat in the works - if I don't run out of the blue color I need, I should have some pics to show you in a few days (if I run out, I'll need to get some more yarn - which defeats the whole purpose of using stash yarn, but I suppose is also one of the risks, especially when I'm so terrible - optimistic? - at estimating).

No new wildlife updates - although our lawn is starting to look like a marching band has been practicing on it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows