Solved!!

I showed Neuro the bloopy issue with the BadAss Pawprint cowl during our Skype conversation last week, and she immediately knew what I needed to do: make the top border a lot smaller.

So I did.  And of course it worked.  Here's a pic, all complete with its BadAss cuff:


I'd gotten the pawprint bead shortly after we lost Kylie (amazing dog and former knitwear model) in 2018.  I'd been thinking of ways I might incorporate it into a chain maille bracelet or necklace of some kind, but it ended up inspiring the design for this cowl as well as its cuff.  Here's a closeup:


Here's a picture of Kylie (taken at our former cottage on the Big Lake):


Sigh.

I've decided to make the Special Request BadAss Pawprint a little narrower as well as shorter.  We'll call that the small size!  I'd like to say it was underway, but I messed up the count on the ribbing and am starting over.  Hopefully today.

I'm also connecting the brim parts for the Goat Milk hat.  It looks like it's going to be a bit on the small side for an adult male, so I may need to make some adjustments for the next size.  I'll keep going and of course will block it before I make any decisions about that.

In other news - we have a ton of snow here.  The plow guy got stuck in the driveway yesterday - although I suspect he was over on the grass a bit far.  He had to call another plow guy, who very efficiently and effectively pulled him free with chains.  It's going to be a mess this spring, that's for sure!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Awesome!!! And how lovely to see that handsome Kylie again...

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows