Mitts Galore!!

I have some progress to report on the February Gift initiative:


The small repair has been made and these are as good as new!  And - I'll likely wear them later today!

Here is a closeup of the Voodoo Mitts buttonhole thumb opening:


Instead of binding off along the bottom edge, the pattern has you slipping the next stitch and then passing the first stitch over it; this makes for a very firm edge.  Along the top, stitches are cast on using the cable method, and inserting the needle between the two previous stitches in order to make the new stitch.  This also makes for a very firm edge!  The fail was the actual yarn - it wore right through at that part, although that was after a hell of a lot of use.

Now that they're done, I gave these a good soak - less for blocking purposes, and more for cleaning them up!

I'm nearly done with the first mitten.  I have a bunch of leftover Wool-Ease and may make another pair or two - it's fun and not at all fiddly!

Working on these smaller projects provides a good sense of accomplishment.  The project bag that I stuffed full with all of these is starting to empty out a bit, and it's nice to have finished things to admire.

Yet again, I had to shoo the deer away from the house yesterday at dusk.  It is fun, though, to see them around - just not so close!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows