Viking!!!

It's not blocked yet, and I pushed all of the ends out of sight for this pic, but the knitting for Viking Hat is done!!!


There's so much I love about this hat!  The colors are bright and cheerful, the Viking faces are equally cute and spooky, the pattern looks complex but is very straightforward - I could go on and on!  I also think this might be my first official Fair Isle hat!  Working in the ends will require a special kind of patients (likely scotch-assisted!), but that will definitely happen (although perhaps not before Tuesday, when the next Gift of the Month pattern will be released).

I have to confess though - I didn't do any work on the CWA.  I'd like to get that last seam done before the end of the weekend, and then prepare myself to deal with all of its ends (which is Phase III!).  Instead, I produced a couple more baby mitts!

It was 4 degrees (F) outside when we woke up this morning although, which is unusual for us this time of year, the sun is shining brightly!  There are very few fresh tracks in the snow (we got an inch or so yesterday), but no signs of activity thus far.  Hopefully, as things warm up over the next couple of days, there will be some more fun observations to report!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The hat turned out great! A relief, too, because I had not tested the Palette colors...

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows