Whew!!

I feel like I've been knitting on this thing forever, but here we are at 100% completion of all the squares:

There are three more phases to this project: sew the four big squares together; work in all the ends; and knit on a border.  You might recall I'd originally intended for this to be a wedding gift for an Oogynephew, who's been married for three months now!  This is working out so much better for a June wedding gift for Oogyhubby's cousin!

(If you're in the mood for some arithmetic: there are 100 small squares, and each square has (49+49+47+47+45+45+43+43+.....+5+5+3+3+1) stitches.  Yikes!!)

(I'll have a ton of yarn left over, because I had to buy more of everything in order to get it finished, but I've got some cowl plans for it already!)

I immediately cast on for the first version of the Goat Milk hat; the Wool of the Andes is lovely to work with.  I'll be making a doubled brim for this version, which means five inches of ribbing before all the fun starts (it gets turned under and then connected by knitting!).  Even better is that I have some partial skeins of the darker color, which I can use on this part and then hide the ends in the brim!  (I still can't figure out what I made with this yarn before.  It's driving me a bit crazy!)

In other news - we've had, and will be getting, a bunch of snow this week.  Right now the prediction for east of the metro area is about a foot, with a snowfall rate of up to 2 inches per hour at times.  It's hard to tell how much of that we'll get here, but I've seen 1 inch an hour before and that is pretty heavy.  There will be wind also, which does not bode well for either goatie or animal tracks observations.  I'll be on the lookout for something entertaining to report!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The square project is so awesome!
It seems as soon as the Ground Hog made his prediction, Winter heard and said "guess again".

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows