Tuesday Adventures

I spent some quality time with Viking Hat earlier this morning, and have completed the first set of motifs!  Didn't Neuro pick some great colors???


The Viking faces are coming up next, and I expect I'll be zooming through them shortly.  I'll leave the eyes as they are for now, but I'm planning on making another in the future (I'll have tons of yarn left over!!) that will have some beads or similar for eyeballs instead!  (Although I think they're too dignified for googly eyes, LOL!).

Neuro raises a good point about embracing the process (within my own context today, it's the seaming and finishing for the CWA).  I found that working in all the ends for the Cut the Scrap cowls wasn't so bad once I got started.  My goal for the CWA seaming is to do one seam per day - that way, I won't get too sick of it, but I can still make progress.  Working in the ends will be another thing, but we'll worry about that later.

Speaking of working in the ends - Viking Hat has already built up quite the collection of ends along its seam.  I peeked at the Fair Isle hat that Neuro had made for Oogyhubby (Waves and Rocks from her Shetland Webcam Hats series!) to see how she dealt with her ends.  Since they're wool, they really do felt down rather quickly!  (CWA is acrylic, so they'll need to be sewn in pretty well.)

Also on deck for today is chili in the crock pot - this one is a smokier version, made with kielbasa and andouille sausage:


It took me a while to realize that one small can of chipotles in adobo sauce goes a very long way, and that they freeze wonderfully (albeit messily - it's the bag on the left there next to the pepper).  It's the same with tomato paste (which you can also mix with some water and spices to make emergency pasta sauce!).

In wildlife news - I happened to look out my window this morning after hearing a weird noise (which could have been the alarm cry of one of the woodpeckers) and saw our foxie wandering by in the forest..  He then walked to the top of the small berm, where the deer had been snow-covered and sleeping just the other day.  And then he SAT DOWN.  He looked right, then left, then right again, and kept this up for a few minutes - I expect he was looking for food.  Then he started walking back in the same direction from which he came, and marked a couple of spots along the way (MY berm, LOL).  I'll have to go stand there later this year (when it's a bit drier and less slippery!) to see how much of a lookout that place really is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows