Must Have Been the Sunshine

We had a bit of bright afternoon sunshine yesterday that seemed to boost the spirits of ungulates and men (OK, so deer and me!).  Somehow this happened:


Just in time for Spring, LOL - slippers for me!!  As a reminder, I'd done all the knitting on both slippers before admitting that doubling this fat yarn made my gauge huge, and that even felting couldn't fix that.  I re-knit them both, and then yesterday completed all the finishing - some seaming and working in ends.  They are now ready for felting.  There's a quarter on the upper slipper just to provide some sort of scale.

Also, here is BadAss Pawprint Jr., drying after going for a swim:


It's shorter and narrower than the first one, and probably doesn't call for a cuff - but it's still BadAss with all those toes and pawpads!!

As far as the ungulates go - I'd seen the deer grazing around in the woods throughout most of the day, but later in the afternoon a small family of them - maybe about 6-7, all different sizes - started to work their way out of the woods and across the lawn.  A couple of them got too close to the house, so I chased them off.  A couple brave ones (probably the teenager-equivalents) made their way back out, but stayed away from the house this time.  They probably did a version of Riverdance out there after dark, in retaliation. 

At one point I was looking for the goaties, when I spotted what appeared to be a black goatie wandering around.  I thought - none of them are all black, are there new goaties???  Then I saw another one!  What was going on?!?  Then I grabbed the binoculars.  They were doggies!!!  We know they have two black labs - one is named Henry, he is usually barking at something - but I've never seen them sniffing around in the goat pasture, and didn't make the connection.  They weren't there for long, but it was pretty funny.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I can't wait to see the slippers once they are felted! The colors are very nice.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows