Reinforcements

As eagerly anticipated, the emergency Goat Milk yarn arrived yesterday:


I'm already halfway through the next section, and hope to have some preliminary pics to show you soon!

You can see a bit of the CWA in the background.  After I finished the required daily 1/11 of Phase III last evening, I kept the blanket on my lap whilst talking on the phone to Oogyparents.  It was very warm and soft!  I always enjoy taking the afghans I make for a "test nap" or similar (before washing/blocking, don't worry - LOL).

I made the decision that the Plum Cozy Gussets will be fingerless; I've completed the first one and the second is well underway.  More to come on those!

So - we live in a wood house; a log home, to be more specific (I find that if I say "log cabin", some people immediately think of one small room with a wood stove, and an outhouse, and then fret about visiting.  Not only do we have indoor plumbing, but some of our floors are heated!).  As such, we need to maintain humidity in order to keep the inside logs from drying out.  We're currently running three humidifiers - two larger ones, and one wee one.  This morning they all managed to run out of water, so I've been taking intermittent trips up and down the stairs filling the various tanks and such.

Living within all of these logs feels like living within a large organism, with the humidifiers as its lungs, the boiler as its heart, the heat as its circulatory system, the windows as its eyes, and the expansion/contraction noises as its joints.  There are always various noises happening, and it took a long time for me to identify which ones were expected, and which were something requiring investigation.  Also in the background are distant train noises, the local fire siren (every day at Noon and whenever there is an incident), wind, and wind chimes (a cowbell on the north side, and a semi-melodic set on the south).  And birds. 

I don't have any wildlife updates to report - it continues to be very windy outside and I expect everyone is lying low out in the woods (where it can be surprisingly still and quiet when everything else is roaring).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows