Phase III Began Today!!

(I am laughing at my post from yesterday, where my title indicated it would be about mitts, and the first pic I included was a pair of socks!!  Talk about burying the lead!)

Today I began Phase III of the CWA - working in all those ends.  I'm deliberately going to do this in smaller batches, so I don't get completely frustrated - most of the time, I find this work incredibly dull and trying.

I did manage to clear one full row of blocks, however (bottom of pic):


Here are the resulting trimmings:


I also finished the mitts today; even though Wool-Ease is mostly acrylic, with some wool, they had a good soak in Eucalan and are now drying:


As I've mentioned, this is a fun and straightforward pattern; so much so, that I'm going to cast on for a second pair later today - but in Hunter Green (more Wool-Ease).  I'm also going to change the increases for the gusset from KFB to right- and left-leaning M1s.  I think that will give a smoother line, especially since the mitts are otherwise very plan (they're cute as hell, though!).  I'll let you decide once they're underway!

In wildlife news - I met a friend for a drink yesterday that turned into dinner, with Oogyhubby joining us!  We left at the same time but were in separate cars; coming up the driveway I was in the lead.  A deer jumped in front of me, and a second (perhaps more?) reversed their direction and headed back into the treeline.  I was actually expecting to see deer, so my only surprise was that there weren't more of them!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Those mitts are super cool!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows