Squatch??

We received a (non-yarn) delivery yesterday, and when I went outside to get it from the front walk, I saw a couple of these along the edge of the house:


I thought - what silly little hand prints!  There must have been a raccoon wandering around last night!

I got out the footprints book that Oogyhubby gave me, and I looked through it.  Nope!  Both raccoon and possum prints have long, skinny fingers - not paw pads like these.  Cat, dog, and foxie all have roundish prints and short little pawpads, not toes like these. 

So I've narrowed these down to two things:  1) skunk; and 2) mini Sasquatch.  The skunk is the closest match in the prints book, but I haven't seen or smelled any skunks around since we moved here, so...

In yarn news - work continues on all items in the queue, but I don't have anything interesting to show you today.  I'm about to block Version 2 of Goat Hat, and I don't like it as much as I thought I would.  I made it doubled, with worsted weight yarn, and I think it's too thick and the designs are just too much.  I'll show you a pic once it's in better form. 

What I think I'll do for Version 3 is use the same approach, but with fingering weight yarn instead.  This way, the designs won't be so overwhelming, and the hat won't be so thick.  I'll see what I've got in the stash that might make a nice combo of fiber and color.  I'll need to re-jigger the pattern a bit as well to allow for a higher stitch and row count.  For Versions 4 and 5, I'll attempt worsted weight versions again, but using one graphic only for each, and sticking with the single layer (except for the brim). 

Comments

neuroknitter said…
oh, yes, mini-Yeti!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows