Non-Yarn Creations

I'm not about showing you pictures of my food here, but I thought I'd share a couple of non-yarn things I made yesterday - especially since you probably would not be interested in seeing yet another pic of the CWA incremental progress (BTW - Phase III is now 4/11 complete!!).

Since the inputs are way more exciting than the output (which is just brown, LOL), here is the beginning of the chili I made in the crock pot:


(Yes, those are raisins - and there's coffee in the measuring cup.  This recipe is mostly savory, with a bit of sweetness and some smoky bitterness in the background.  No beans.)

Then I made a double batch of these, most of which will go in the mail to Oogydad:


I did a bunch of yarn stuff between batches, mostly starting the latest Cut The Scrap cowl and completing the knitting on the green mittens.  I started the next pair of mittens as well, but I hate them and will be starting over.  I tried to get fancy with two-color cuffs, but the yarn resisted.

In wildlife news - the deer appeared a bit before dusk yesterday; one was right next to the house and left divots in the soft ground when she heard me open the window (I didn't have to make any other noise, that did the trick).  I'd also heard the silly Pileated ack-acking its way through the woods yesterday morning (yes, through a closed window), although I didn't see much of anything.  I heard a cardinal at one point as well!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Oogydad's cookies look tasty!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows