Yes, It Was THAT Obvious

This morning I finally remembered where all those partial balls of Wool of the Andes came from.  It's so obvious now, because hats, charts, words, and made-up figures were also involved!

I went through a "Keep Calm" hat phase, where I designed and made three hats in the series:  Lift Weights, Do Wing Chun, and Brew Beer.  This was some time ago (2014/2015), and I'm pretty sure I deleted the charts inadvertently when I was getting rid of a bunch of old Excel files.  There are pics of two of these in the blog back then, but for ease of reference here they are again:




I suppose I could recreate the charts using these pics if needed.  The Chinese characters took me forever, I was attempting to replicate them using one of Oogyhubby's t-shirts, LOL.  I'm not sure why I never took any pics of the Brew Beer version, but it was for Oogybro; maybe I was under a serious deadline?

I see from one of the earlier blog entries that I made these in two layers - there is another, plain hat within the outer hat.  Not a bad idea (I likely copied it from Neuro) - there's more room for letters and borders without a brim.  Something to keep in mind for a future version of Goat Milk.

Speaking of which - you'll recognize the above colors when you see the first prototype - I am using both the dark and the light blues.  Just a couple of more days now, as I'm about to start the decreases!

I had a major wildlife sighting this morning, at around 8:00.  I was raising the blinds while waiting for my coffee to brew, and I happened to see 4-5 deer lying down on the small berm that divides the mini-forest just off our deck from the deer superhighway.  And they were snow-covered, as it was snowing rather fiercely for a little while there.  One of them heard me and jumped up, so I stayed still for a while.  The others eventually stood up and then meandered back into the woods.  There were all kinds of footprints out on the lawn that led to this spot.  Were they super sleepy and just had to rest?  Was it a good place during the burst of snow where they had a good view of everything around them?  Do they sleep there all the time and we never noticed?  Quite the mystery!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows